Children or adolescents need NOT have committed arson in order to receive the benefits and services of this program. If a child shows a reoccurring interest in fire, is playing with fire or participating in fire setting behaviors, pulls a fire alarm, he or she is eligible for referral to the program.
STEPS TO A SUCCESSFUL REFERRAL
1. Advise the family of the referral
2. Educate the family regarding BCJFPP services
- Initial Screening Interview with parent and child
- Fire Safety Education
- Anger Management Training (If applicable)
- Clinical Treatment/Information and Referrals (If applicable)
3. Complete the Referral Form
4. Fax or mail the Referral Form to the Program Manager
5. Include copies of any relevant paperwork
- Police Report
- Court Order
- Discharge Summary
To ensure access to the program, there is no fee and hours and locations are convenient to families.
REFERRAL FORMS AVAILABLE HERE (PDFs)
If you have any questions, please click here to contact us.